Sunday, August 9, 2015

2 months in already?

Kumusta!

How is is possible that I am already 2 months into my mission. this must be a dream. is it reall? i don't know. i am doing well here. my time is limited so i just want to share a short spiritual experience that i had yesterday.

during the sacrament i was praying for help. this has been so fun so far but it also has been so hard and i have needed so much help. so i prayed for help. because i don't think it is possible to go through a mission without the savior's help. suddenly i had a prompting to open my hymn book. i opened to "Master the Tempest is Raging." It was an exact answer to prayer! If you have time go and read it because it talks about the help that the Savior will give us. I am so grateful to my Savior and His loving guidance on my mission. I know that He is there for me and always will be to give me strength. I know that He loves me. And His love is all I need. 

I miss you guys! I am sorry I have a short time to email! I will try and email those I didn't get to next week! I am so sorry! Love you so much!

Mahal ko po kayo! 
Sister Huguely 

Here are the words of the song Sister Huguely referenced:

Master, the Tempest is Raging

  1. 1. Master, the tempest is raging!
    The billows are tossing high!
    The sky is o'ershadowed with blackness.
    No shelter or help is nigh.
    Carest thou not that we perish?
    How canst thou lie asleep
    When each moment so madly is threat'ning
    A grave in the angry deep?
  2. (Chorus)
    The winds and the waves shall obey thy will:
    Peace, be still.
    Whether the wrath of the storm-tossed sea
    Or demons or men or whatever it be,
    No waters can swallow the ship where lies
    The Master of ocean and earth and skies.
    They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
    Peace, be still; peace, be still.
    They all shall sweetly obey thy will:
    Peace, peace, be still.
  3. 2. Master, with anguish of spirit
    I bow in my grief today.
    The depths of my sad heart are troubled.
    Oh, waken and save, I pray!
    Torrents of sin and of anguish
    Sweep o'er my sinking soul,
    And I perish! I perish! dear Master.
    Oh, hasten and take control!
  4. 3. Master, the terror is over.
    The elements sweetly rest.
    Earth's sun in the calm lake is mirrored,
    And heaven's within my breast.
    Linger, O blessed Redeemer!
    Leave me alone no more,
    And with joy I shall make the blest harbor
    And rest on the blissful shore.
  5. Text: Mary Ann Baker, ca. 1831-1921.
    Music: H. R. Palmer, 1834-1907

No comments:

Post a Comment